Below is a list of information regarding property valuation, important dates, and exemptions provided to the public.
1. Livestock Rendition (January 1, 2022 -Last working day of February 2022)
2. Business Personal Property Rendition Form (January 1, 2022 - Last working day of February 2022)
3. Agricultural Application (January 1, 2022 – April 30, 2022)
4. Tax Exempt Application (January 1, 2022 – April 30, 2022)
5. 65 & older/Disabled Exemption (This exemption is for individuals who are 65 & older or are 100% disabled and make an income of $37,300 or less. May apply from January 1, 2022-April 30, 2022).
6. Notice of Value (This informs property owners of the values, exemptions, legal description, & estimated tax amount of the properties they own in Taos County. This document will be mailed out March 31, 2022. If you do not receive your Notice of Value from our office, please contact us at 575-737-6360).
7. Protest Application (This application is offered to the public to protest their value once they have received their annual Notice of Value. Protest period ends April 30, 2022).
8. Head of Family Exemption ($2,000 exemption off of the taxable value may be applied from January 1, 2022 -April 30, 2022 for the current tax year. If applied after April 30, 2022 it will reflect for the following tax year).
9. Regular Veteran’s Exemption ($4,000 exemption off of the taxable value. May be applied from January 1, 2022 – April 30, 2022 for the current tax year. If applied after April 30, 2022 it will reflect for the following tax year).
10.Disabled Veteran’s Exemption (This Exemption applies to Veteran’s who are 100% disabled from the armed forces and is applied to the primary residence).
Last Modified January 2022