Recording & Document Requests
Documents (1-10 indexed entries) $25.00 Each additional block of 10 entries $25.00
Staff will inspect each document that is submitted for recording, if rejected an explanation will be provided.
- Recording Fees are due at the time of recording by cash, check or credit card
- All original documents are returned immediately after recording
- Notary services available at no charge to the public
Please Note: Clerk's Office staff cannot give legal advice on whether the documents you are recording are correct, complete or legally sufficient for your purposes. (Please contact an Attorney)
All documents are provided to the Taos County Assessor's Office after recording.
Our office does not provide forms, you may purchase forms from most stationary stores or download online.
Documents for recording may be sent to Taos County Clerk 105 Albright Street Suite D, Taos, NM 87571
Checks payable to: Taos County Clerk
Plats / Surveys $25.00
- Plat sizes of 18x24 are accepted for recording
- Only legible original plats with original signatures and dates will be accepted.
- We require at least (1) original and (1) black line copy of the original plat for recording.
- Plats require a Licensed Surveyor's Seal and Signature
- Some plats may require Planning Department approval and notary please be sure information is complete prior to recording
Military Discharge Filings (DD214's)
The County Clerk shall record discharge papers free of charge (NMSA 14-8-17)
Copies of military discharge papers filed with the County Clerk are available free of charge only to the following individuals: the veteran, the veteran's next of kin, the veteran's properly appointed personal representative or executor, or a person holding the veteran's general power of attorney (NMSA 14-2-1A)
Last Will & Testament
When recording such document, staff will require photo ID the individual must sign a waiver acknowledging that such document will be public record and open for public inspection.
Copies of recorded documents may be obtained in person, by phone or email. Requests are normally fulfilled within 24 hours, complex or large requests may require additional time. See Clerk's Office Fees.
In order to find a document we need at least one of the following:
- Name of the grantor/grantee
- Document # also known as Reception #
- Book and Page
Other helpful information may include recorded date or Property Tax ID#
Please Note: Documents are not available online at this time however, the public is allowed to perform their own searches a computer is available for public use during office hours.
Staff cannot perform title searches please contact a title company
All documents filed in the Office of the County Clerk are public record and open for public inspection.