To provide quality Emergency Medical Services for the citizens and visitors of Taos County through accountable, professional decisions and actions; preserving the quality of life, traditions and values while striving to improve the overall health and well-being of those who live in or frequent Taos County.
- Created duty schedule eliminating on-call team and adding second 24-hour duty team
- Hired highly qualified staff to fill needs of new staffing model
- Reduced overtime to acceptable and predictable levels
- Supported EMT-Basic staff members in advancement to EMT-Intermediate level
- Supported EMT-Intermediate staff members in advancement to Paramedic level
- Moved into the new ambulance facility located on the campus of Holy Cross Hospital (LEA Building)
- Acquired a 2007 Ford F-350 Ambulance though the property agreement with Holy Cross Hospital
- Hired part-time classified billing support staff member
- Up-dated heart monitor/defibrillators to meet new nationally recommended and approved medical guidelines
- Changed uniforms to represent a higher level of professionalism
- Contracted with Dr. Lesa Fraker as Medical Director for EMS as well as the Adult Detention Center
- Up-dated EMS field medical protocols
Short Term Goals
- Approval of up-dated Job Descriptions for position of Paramedic Field Supervisor, Paramedic Education Coordinator & Paramedic Field Training Officer
- Approval of up-dated EMS Policy and Procedures
- Implementation of Day Car, third duty team used during peak hospital to hospital transfer days and times
- Complete preliminary as well as final work on EMS Administration expansion at the LEA Building
Long Term Goals
- Conversion from paper report to electronic documentation
- Hire full-time billing support staff member
- Creation of staffing model that brings 3rd 24-hour duty team
- Obtain national certification from the Commission on Accreditation of Ambulance Services (CAAS)
- Creation of EMS Specialty Teams such as Bike Patrol, Urban Rescue, Mountain Rescue, Water Rescue and Critical Care Transport
The Solid Waste Department of Taos County will provide a comprehensive solid waste collection, diversion, and disposal system, in the interest of all County residents with a community updated database and will prudently conduct business in a fair manner that is sensitive to and maximizes customer satisfaction.
Short Term Goals
- Arroyo Hondo transfer station retaining walls
- Engineer estimate
- Canon Transfer Station USFS permit
- Completion of compactors Cerro and Costilla
- Tire Recycling Station at the Armory
- Help Picuris Pueblo develop a Solid Waste Program
Long Term Goals
- New Solid Waste facility
- Commercial and Residential trash pick-up 90 gallon and 3 yard containers County wide
- Acquire 3 side loader units for Commercial and Residential trash pick-up 90 gallon and 3 yard containers County wide
- 75% recycling at all transfer stations
- Acquire tandem truck and trailer for backhoe transport and gravel hauling to repair transfer station grounds and roadways and clean up illegal dumpsites
The Solid Waste Administration of the County of Taos will provide a comprehensive solid waste collection, diversion, and disposal system, in the interest of the health and safety of all county residents.
Solid Waste Administration will maintain an efficient billing system, with a continually updated database, and will prudently conduct business in a fair manner that is sensitive to and maximizes customer satisfaction.
- Write and establish effective and efficient policies and procedures for processing transactions and maintaining a correct and clean solid waste billing database.
- Para-professional accounting and bookkeeping duties as needed to expedite various day-to-day functions of the solid waste billing division and customer service.
- Perform a variety of full performance and working level customer service.
- Monitor collection status, determine past due status and research property and exception status.
- Increase our rate of collections on the customer’s billed, increase revenue
- More frequent extracts from the Assessor’s Office database
- Pro-active solid waste system public education
- Facilitate communication between Taos County departments
- Public feed back thru the Taos County Solid Waste Task Source
- Information exchange with:
- Private haulers
- Homeowner associations including - mobile home parks and condominiums
The Office of the Solid Waste accepts cash, personal checks, money orders,cashiers checks, and is equipped to accept Visa and MasterCard payments made in our office and accepts Visa, MasterCard and Discover for payments made online.
- Solid Waste
- Why was this ordinance adopted?
- What is the fee?
- Who is required to pay the fee?
View All FAQs...Solid Waste