Welcome to the Taos County Probate Court.
The Taos County Probate Court is a lower-level Court created by the New Mexico Constitution and State Law serving the residents and property owners of Taos County.
The Probate Court is a court of “Limited Jurisdiction,” meaning that state law limits the types of cases that the Probate Judge can oversee. Cases within the Probate Court jurisdiction include informal and undisputed Probate matters.
- The Probate Judge holds a County Elected Official position serving four-year terms.
- The Taos County Clerk’s Office serves as the Clerk to the Probate Court.
- Our Court is located in the Taos County Administration Complex.
- To receive information from the Probate Judge, please complete an Intake Sheet available at the Clerk's Office or request an Intake Sheet by calling the Judge's office.
- For the safety and health of the public, no appointments or meetings are being held in the Judge's office at this time. We apologize for this inconvenience.
The Probate Court Judge and staff cannot provide legal documents such as Wills, Deeds, or Contracts or other legal forms. The Court only provides Probate forms approved and provided by the New Mexico Supreme Court. It is necessary to consult with an attorney for complex and specific estate issues and for the preparation of legal documents.