Taos County Administrative/Judicial Complex
New Complex Open for Business
Interesting Facts about the project to build the Taos County Administration / Judicial Complex
- Complex Size: 135,000 sq. ft.
- 100% ADA Compliant.
- State of the art video security with interior and exterior monitoring 24/7.
- Building Management Systems are highly configurable.
- Total Project Cost: $46,000,000.00
- Construction Cost: $37,000,000.00
- Partially financed through a loan provided by the USDA for 15,000,000.00
- Construction took 20 months to complete.
- During construction there were over 300 people employed in the construction of the complex at any one time.
- Complex is comprised of three wings, the North wing houses the Adult Detention Center, the East wing houses the Courthouse and the south wing houses the Administrative offices.
- The County began moving out of the old complex on Saturday, May 14, 2011 and the complex opened for business May 16, 2011 with all offices moved over a 2 day weekend.
- Complex accomidates over 150 Taos County employees over 100 Court Employees.
- ADC / JDC can house up to 102 inmates (JDC 18) (ADC 84).