The County Planning Department provides long term and current planning support services to the citizens of Taos County. These services are provided for growth management, the preservation of the quality of life and to ensure safe, orderly and sustainable development.
- To provide staff reports to the Planning Commission and Board of Commissioners on all regulations and plans
- To provide technical assistance on the grants currently being implemented
- To respond to citizen complaints and citizen requests
- To enforce compliance with Regulations and Ordinances
- To provide adequate staff and training programs to properly serve Taos County Citizens
- To inform and educate citizens about code compliance and cooperation